makingconnections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationships

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Relationships Empty Relationships

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:33 pm

Okay I'm here too. Let's get started with Question #1:

1. Every person is involved in at least one relationship of some type or another. What do the relationships you have in your life mean to you, especially as a new college student?

johnfmichael
Admin

https://makingconnections.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Relationships Empty Re: Relationships

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:35 pm

They mean a lot to me. My friends help me so much. They help me study and they're my support.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:36 pm

JamieRicker wrote:They mean a lot to me. My friends help me so much. They help me study and they're my support.

So you're friends are a huge positive influence. How about your family?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:36 pm

yea having someone to talk to and not have to worry about anything helps alot when things are stressing me out

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:37 pm

Without the relationships I have with my family and friends I don't think I could have made it to where I am now. So having said that they mean more to me than words can explain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:38 pm

A relationship with friends and family helps me alot. My friends get me through difficult time by talking and my parents give me money...thats like the best relationship, one where you get money!!!

Back to top Go down

the relationships i share with my family and friends mean everything to me. I know that no matter what i can count on them to be there and they help me through things. Such as college or even just personal matters.

Back to top Go down

mrussell wrote:Without the relationships I have with my family and friends I don't think I could have made it to where I am now. So having said that they mean more to me than words can explain
Ya that is really true i know i wouldn't be here without my family and friends. They do alot more than they have to.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:39 pm

MartinM wrote:A relationship with friends and family helps me alot. My friends get me through difficult time by talking and my parents give me money...thats like the best relationship, one where you get money!!!

But surely you jest. In what other ways does your family relationships contribute positively, especially with regard to college?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:40 pm

my mom still sometimes wakes me up for class..so with out her i'd miss my 8 oclock..
but she does encourage me to try my hardest and get the best grades i can.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Relationships to me mean that there is always someone there that you can lean and rely on. Some of the most important relationships to me are the ones with my family, friends, and my boyfriend. It helps because there is always some one there who is not going to be judgemental about you or something that you have done, so i think that relationships play a very important role in peoples lives.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:41 pm

My sister has had most of the classes I'm in now. So she gives me her old notes and tells me the good teachers and stuff like that.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:42 pm

RachealGipson wrote:Relationships to me mean that there is always someone there that you can lean and rely on. Some of the most important relationships to me are the ones with my family, friends, and my boyfriend. It helps because there is always some one there who is not going to be judgemental about you or something that you have done, so i think that relationships play a very important role in peoples lives.

How do you think this helps you with regard to your college life?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:44 pm

JamieRicker wrote:tells me the good teachers and stuff like that.

My friends used to do this for me when I was working on my undergraduate degree. You'd be surprised at how much personality differences can play into how well you will do in a class with one professor or another. Sometimes your friends can help in that regard because they know you well enough to know what professors you might work well with or not.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:44 pm

The relationship with my family is very important to me. They help me in so many ways and get me through. Words just cannot explain what my family means to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:45 pm

They help because if you dont understand something they can teach you how to do it, give you encouragement when you have a big test coming up and most of the time with your friends they are going through the same things that you are so they understand where you are coming from and why you are feeling the way that you are.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:45 pm

Well, like others have said...I would not be where I am without my family. My family does so much for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:46 pm

RandiP wrote:The relationship with my family is very important to me. They help me in so many ways and get me through. Words just cannot explain what my family means to me.

This is important because a lot of new college students see college as a way to "get out from under" and, indeed, that can be an important lesson to some extent, but family support is still crucial.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:48 pm

ya my family still lets me live at home and eat their food so that is a big plus:)

Back to top Go down

Sometimes their support turns into pressure.

Back to top Go down

I have alot of family support, don't know what I would do without it. I sure wouldn't be where I am today without it.

Back to top Go down

Relationships Empty Question #2

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 pm

Okay here is Question #2. As usual feel free to continue discussing any previous questions as well:

2. William Schutz was a researcher who discovered that people become involved in relationships of different types in order to satisfy three basic interpersonal needs: 1) inclusion, 2) affection, and 3) control. Consider control. How do you think the decision to be involved in a relationship with someone could turn out to be a bad decision with regard to the need to have control over another person? How do you think this relates to your success as a college student?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 pm

JamieRicker wrote:Sometimes their support turns into pressure.

Interesting point. How so?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:51 pm

For me it's when they start talking about how good my older sister is doing in college. I feel like I have to live up to her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:51 pm

i don't really understand the question.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next