Relationships

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: Relationships

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:42 pm

BennyRussell wrote:I prefer online but it gets really hard to tell when people are joking or kidding unless you know the person in real life. When people are just being sarcastic it can lead to a major fight over something that someone misunderstood.

That's happened to me more than once.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 pm

i think that the ftf is better because you are able to see other peoples reactions. with txt fbook or myspace, you do not see the other persons reaction, you therefore becaome dead to peoples reactions/emotions because you can not see them.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 pm

AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:Okay, good discussion so far. Here's Question #4:

4. Today people can interact via face-to-face (FtF) communication and/or via online communication. Which do you prefer? Why? Do you think FtF is intrinsically better than online communication like MySpace, Facebook, etc. or is it the other way around? Why do you think so?

i like online..you can do other things while still participating in your class..

No multitasking allowed!

i'm not.. i was simply making a statement

I know. But that's actually a good negative point about online discussions.

oh .. sorry.

Don't be sorry! You brought up a good point. Online relationships require a certain amount of discipline and trust that can be very difficult to cultivate without the benefits of social cues that are present in FtF interaction like tone of voice, physical appearance, facial expressions, body language, etc.

johnfmichael
Admin

View user profile http://makingconnections.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:44 pm

johnfmichael wrote:We're almost out of time, so here is the final question. It is Question #5:

5. What kind of relationships should you definitely seek to cultivate as part of your plan for succeeding in college and beyond? What connections like this have you already begun to make?

People that are going into the same major as you. This way you have someone to take the class with and study with. Plus, there might be something you don't get but they do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:44 pm

johnfmichael wrote:We're almost out of time, so here is the final question. It is Question #5:

5. What kind of relationships should you definitely seek to cultivate as part of your plan for succeeding in college and beyond? What connections like this have you already begun to make?
?

like getting with your friends that have good study habbits.. when you have a test coming up?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:45 pm

someone with similar goals as yours, such as, getting a diploma!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 pm

Friends you can never have enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 pm

AslynH wrote:

?

like getting with your friends that have good study habbits.. when you have a test coming up?

Yes but also you should develop good professional relationships with professors in your department and related fields. Also other students who may not be in your classes but are also in your field. Including students even from other universities, etc., which might be a great use for online tools like Facebook, etc.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:46 pm

You will always need relationships with family and friends to get you through school and hard time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 pm

johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

?

Yes but also you should develop good professional relationships with professors in your department and related fields. Also other students who may not be in your classes but are also in your field. Including students even from other universities, etc., which might be a great use for online tools like Facebook, etc.

ahhh okay, i understand now.

Back to top Go down

Conclusion

Post  johnfmichael on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Alright, we are officially out of time. Thanks for participating in the discussion. Feel free to continue the discussions on this forum if you so desire, though it is not required for class.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Class dismissed!

J.M.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:48 pm

johnfmichael wrote:Alright, we are officially out of time. Thanks for participating in the discussion. Feel free to continue the discussions on this forum if you so desire, though it is not required for class.

Have a great rest of the week and weekend. Class dismissed!

J.M.

bye!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:48 pm

see ya next week!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:49 pm

I have a good relationship with my boss who is a pharmacist, and that is what I plan to be. I can go to him for help. And he is going to write a letter of reccomendation for me when I enter pharmacy school. So I think that's pretty good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6