makingconnections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationships

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Relationships - Page 4 Empty Re: Relationships

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:21 pm

Okay let's explore the breakup question a bit deeper. Imagine you suffer a breakup from someone and that this person has taken all of his/her classes with you, etc. So, you are forced to see and possibly even work with this person on a daily basis even after the breakup. Any thoughts?

johnfmichael
Admin

https://makingconnections.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Act like it don't bother you at all. This could give you both a chance to be friends.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:22 pm

johnfmichael wrote:Okay let's explore the breakup question a bit deeper. Imagine you suffer a breakup from someone and that this person has taken all of his/her classes with you, etc. So, you are forced to see and possibly even work with this person on a daily basis even after the breakup. Any thoughts?

keep going.. make it look like you are doing just fine.. it will kill the other person knowing you are doing okay, even if you may really not be.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:23 pm

johnfmichael wrote:Okay let's explore the breakup question a bit deeper. Imagine you suffer a breakup from someone and that this person has taken all of his/her classes with you, etc. So, you are forced to see and possibly even work with this person on a daily basis even after the breakup. Any thoughts?

Hmm..that would be pretty hard. I wouldn't want to just give everything up because of that person though.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:23 pm

AslynH wrote:

keep going.. make it look like you are doing just fine.. it will kill the other person knowing you are doing okay, even if you may really not be.

But shouldn't we have a more positive motivation than the fact that it will "kill the other person?"

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:23 pm

Kill them with kindness! Be nice and act like it doesn't bother you.. Don't let them see that you are hurting! If you have to, after class let it all out but don't let them see that they are getting to you!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:24 pm

AslynH wrote:

That's so true. My ex treats me like he broke my heart and I have to see him like every day. I just say hi with a huge smile and go on. It makes him so mad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:24 pm

Just grit your teeth and bear it. After I pay $1000.00 to take classes, I'm gonna take them. If they are in all of my classes, I would just seperate myself as much as I could, but why should I waste my money and let them have the satifaction of not having to be around me in class.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 pm

mrussell wrote:Kill them with kindness! Be nice and act like it doesn't bother you.. Don't let them see that you are hurting! If you have to, after class let it all out but don't let them see that they are getting to you!

Okay, but I wonder why all this focus on the other person and what they think? What are some motivations that focus on the self?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:25 pm

If you had been together for a long time and were really close, it can lead to a bad break up. When some people end a relationship, they don't want anything to do with anyone for quite sometime, they feel that their world has come crashing down around them.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:26 pm

MartinM wrote:Just grit your teeth and bear it. After I pay $1000.00 to take classes, I'm gonna take them. If they are in all of my classes, I would just seperate myself as much as I could, but why should I waste my money and let them have the satifaction of not having to be around me in class.

Good point. One should never drop a class because of a breakup, in my humble opinion.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:27 pm

RandiP wrote:If you had been together for a long time and were really close, it can lead to a bad break up. When some people end a relationship, they don't want anything to do with anyone for quite sometime, they feel that their world has come crashing down around them.

Very true.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:27 pm

johnfmichael wrote:
mrussell wrote:Kill them with kindness! Be nice and act like it doesn't bother you.. Don't let them see that you are hurting! If you have to, after class let it all out but don't let them see that they are getting to you!

Okay, but I wonder why all this focus on the other person and what they think? What are some motivations that focus on the self?

I guess that if you act like it don't bother you....you can kinda trick yourself. After awhile it won't bother you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:27 pm

I totally agree with martin, why hurt myself or waste my money on the other person.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:28 pm

johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

But shouldn't we have a more positive motivation than the fact that it will "kill the other person?"

well, no.. your not really thinking of that if your in the situation at the time..your hurt and trying to get over it and the fact you still have to be around them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:30 pm

honestly i would act like it doesn't even effect me during my classes or my work. like marissa said kill them with kindness!

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:30 pm

AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

well, no.. your not really thinking of that if your in the situation at the time..your hurt and trying to get over it and the fact you still have to be around them.

True, it is a different feeling when you are actually part of the situation.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

If they hurt you, you want to hurt them back. Seeing that you are happy can be like a slap to the face for the other person.

Back to top Go down

Thats why I think it is a good idea for boyfriends/girlfriends to not take classes together, besides...that is too much togetherness.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:31 pm

RandiP wrote:Thats why I think it is a good idea for boyfriends/girlfriends to not take classes together, besides...that is too much togetherness.

Yeah, to much togetherness is annoying.

Back to top Go down

Relationships - Page 4 Empty Question #4

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:32 pm

Okay, good discussion so far. Here's Question #4:

4. Today people can interact via face-to-face (FtF) communication and/or via online communication. Which do you prefer? Why? Do you think FtF is intrinsically better than online communication like MySpace, Facebook, etc. or is it the other way around? Why do you think so?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:32 pm

You will get a sense of satisfaction knowing that you finished school without letting them effect you

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:32 pm

JamieRicker wrote:
AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

If they hurt you, you want to hurt them back. Seeing that you are happy can be like a slap to the face for the other person.

exactly what i meant..

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:33 pm

johnfmichael wrote:Okay, good discussion so far. Here's Question #4:

4. Today people can interact via face-to-face (FtF) communication and/or via online communication. Which do you prefer? Why? Do you think FtF is intrinsically better than online communication like MySpace, Facebook, etc. or is it the other way around? Why do you think so?

And I ask this question because we are now able to establish relationships of various sorts online as well as FtF. Discuss your thoughts about online relationships versus traditional FtF relationships and what role you think each plays in a successful college career.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:34 pm

AslynH wrote:
JamieRicker wrote:
AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

exactly what i meant..

You really don't care if you hurt them or not. In your mind the deserve it. In most cases they do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next