makingconnections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationships

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Relationships - Page 5 Empty Re: Relationships

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Safe. positive, healthy relationships - from family, friends, or other loved ones. I have a "network of support" that will last long beyond my college years.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:30 pm

AshleyWoo wrote:
BrookeC wrote:
jaredr wrote:I think if you're truly at a point where a long distance relationship would actually work, you would probably want to go to where they are.

exactly
The question however is are you going to base everything around them and forget about your dreams?

what if you're dream can exist where they are, and how much do you love them. enough to rethink your life?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:30 pm

A good, helathly, positive relationship. People who support me and what i want to do and help me get to where i want to be in life.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:30 pm

BrandyM wrote:Safe. positive, healthy relationships - from family, friends, or other loved ones. I have a "network of support" that will last long beyond my college years.

Okay, and how about professional relationships?

johnfmichael
Admin

https://makingconnections.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:31 pm

You need to have people in your life who are going to support you and be there for you no matter what. You need to make friends in your classes, you never know when you might need their help with other classes. If you meet someone who has taken different classes than you have, you could see what they liked and disliked about their teacher, how the teacher did things (gave study guides, what type of tests, attendence policy....) The more positive, healthy relationships in your life.. the better.

Back to top Go down

johnfmichael wrote:Alright so far so good. Let's go ahead and have the final question. It is Question #6:

6. What kind of relationships should you definitely seek to cultivate as part of your plan for succeeding in college and beyond? What connections like this have you already begun to make?
I like to meet new people and I think that helps with a good college carreer, but to not forget about the good people in your past.

Back to top Go down

AshleyWoo wrote:
BrookeC wrote:
jaredr wrote:I think if you're truly at a point where a long distance relationship would actually work, you would probably want to go to where they are.

exactly
The question however is are you going to base everything around them and forget about your dreams?

You don't necessarily have to forget about your dreams. You just need to determine if relocating will allow you to continue your dreams AND pursue your relationship with that person.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:33 pm

as far a professional relationships go.. example if you make good relationships with your professors, you know you could go back to them for help, or even take another class that they teach

Back to top Go down

KaitlinD wrote:You need to have people in your life who are going to support you and be there for you no matter what. You need to make friends in your classes, you never know when you might need their help with other classes. If you meet someone who has taken different classes than you have, you could see what they liked and disliked about their teacher, how the teacher did things (gave study guides, what type of tests, attendence policy....) The more positive, healthy relationships in your life.. the better.
\

yes you are right. Meeting new people and making new relationships and friends are good to help out with college and your classes. Its always a plus to have classes together and have study partners if you need it like me!

Back to top Go down

johnfmichael wrote:
BrandyM wrote:Safe. positive, healthy relationships - from family, friends, or other loved ones. I have a "network of support" that will last long beyond my college years.

Okay, and how about professional relationships?

Also, positive and healthy - ones that will challenge you professionally to develop your potential even further.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:34 pm

seek positive, healthy relationships. look to those who will uplift you and try not to judge you. If you fall in love along the way... awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:34 pm

KaitlinD wrote:as far a professional relationships go.. example if you make good relationships with your professors, you know you could go back to them for help, or even take another class that they teach

Also, this is where online communication can come in handy. It can allow you to easily network with other people in your field from other universities all over the country and in other countries, even allowing you to work with them on projects that would be very beneficial to your career as a student and beyond.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:35 pm

jaredr wrote:seek positive, healthy relationships. look to those who will uplift you and try not to judge you. If you fall in love along the way... awesome.

Just remember that there are important relationships beyond romantic relationships that should also be developed and maintained.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Not to get off topic, but are there only just 5 students in this discussion? What does everyone else think?

Back to top Go down

jaredr wrote:seek positive, healthy relationships. look to those who will uplift you and try not to judge you. If you fall in love along the way... awesome.

you are exactly right .thats how its supposed to be. not go looking for love but when it comes along.. it comes along..

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 pm

BrandyM wrote:Not to get off topic, but are there only just 5 students in this discussion? What does everyone else think?

I'd like to know that myself.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

BrandyM wrote:Not to get off topic, but are there only just 5 students in this discussion? What does everyone else think?

...bonus points Very Happy:D

Back to top Go down

Exactly...I can dig that!!

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 pm

KaitlinD wrote:

Nice try. Smile

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:37 pm

I think you are right!! bonus points! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:38 pm

johnfmichael wrote:
KaitlinD wrote:

Nice try. Smile
How are we suppose to have a relationship with people if they dont show up? lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:38 pm

johnfmichael wrote:

Just remember that there are important relationships beyond romantic relationships that should also be developed and maintained.

This is a very important point.

Back to top Go down

Relationships - Page 5 Empty Conclusion

Post  johnfmichael Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:38 pm

Well, on that note, let's go ahead and end the discussion. Feel free to stick around if you like and discuss things more, although it's not required. I appreciate your participation and hope you gained from these online discussions.

See you in class physically next time. Class dismissed!

J.M.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:39 pm

it takes all types of relationships to keep us movin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:40 pm

I think this would have been a better discussion if more people would have participated. it seemed as if Ashley, Kaitlin, Brooke, Jared and I were repeating the same comments. see you all next week.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5