makingconnections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relationships

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Relationships - Page 5 Empty Re: Relationships

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:34 pm

Some things are just better FTF, like quiting a job or breaking bad news.

Back to top Go down

johnfmichael wrote:Okay, good discussion so far. Here's Question #4:

4. Today people can interact via face-to-face (FtF) communication and/or via online communication. Which do you prefer? Why? Do you think FtF is intrinsically better than online communication like MySpace, Facebook, etc. or is it the other way around? Why do you think so?

I prefer online communication. I'm pretty shy in person and feel more comfortable talking online. I wish I was the other way around though.

Back to top Go down

Breaking up is one thing that should be done face to face. I would be really mad if someone broke up with me through text or facebook. That just says that you are not man enough to handle how the person will react.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:35 pm

4. Today people can interact via face-to-face (FtF) communication and/or via online communication. Which do you prefer? Why? Do you think FtF is intrinsically better than online communication like MySpace, Facebook, etc. or is it the other way around? Why do you think so?
I think it all depends sometimes talking online is more convenient but if the conversation is serious then it should be face to face.

Back to top Go down

i like online..you can do other things while still participating in your class..

Back to top Go down

johnfmichael wrote:

And I ask this question because we are now able to establish relationships of various sorts online as well as FtF. Discuss your thoughts about online relationships versus traditional FtF relationships and what role you think each plays in a successful college career.

Online relationships can be VERY misleading.

Back to top Go down

I guess it depends on what you are talking about. If you are confronting someone about something they said about you, then face to face is better. It's not always the route people choose, but in my opinion, you are better off to meet the problem head on.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm

JillianM wrote:

I prefer online communication. I'm pretty shy in person and feel more comfortable talking online. I wish I was the other way around though.

People tend to feel less apprehensive about online communication due to the sense of anonymity. This can be good, as in the case of our discussions we've had online for class, or bad in the sense that deception is easier to pull off.

johnfmichael
Admin

https://makingconnections.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm

well personally i think some face to face communication is necessary in a relationship, but seeing them every second of every day gets kinda annoying, so some online communication or via texting is okay as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm

I like online communication better the FtF. When your talking to a lot of people at the same time FtF it gets hard to actually get your words in. Most of the time other people are talking and you really don't want to interrupt. However online you can just leave a note, comment, post, e-mail, or many other alternatives to talking and usually they are read no matter how many there are.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:37 pm

RandiP wrote:Breaking up is one thing that should be done face to face. I would be really mad if someone broke up with me through text or facebook. That just says that you are not man enough to handle how the person will react.

i agree!

Back to top Go down

i completely agree with Dana. She pretty much sumed up what i was going to say. Depends on what you are really talking about.

Back to top Go down

I'm more of a FTF person.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:37 pm

AslynH wrote:

i like online..you can do other things while still participating in your class..

No multitasking allowed!

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:38 pm

JamieRicker wrote:I'm more of a FTF person.

Why?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:38 pm

johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

No multitasking allowed!

i'm not.. i was simply making a statement

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 pm

johnfmichael wrote:

Why?

I like being with the person I'm talking to. I can read them better.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:39 pm

AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

No multitasking allowed!

I know. But that's actually a good negative point about online discussions.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:40 pm

I know what Jamie means, I want to see facial expressions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:40 pm

JamieRicker wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:

Why?

realationship wise i like being in person better.. via online you can't really tell how a person says something..things can be taken the wrong way if you can't hear that persons tone of voice.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:40 pm

JamieRicker wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:

Why?

Good point. With MySpace messages, Facebook, text based message boards like this one, you don't get the nonverbal feedback you would FtF.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Really, you can tell how they really feel.

Back to top Go down

johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:
johnfmichael wrote:
AslynH wrote:

No multitasking allowed!

I know. But that's actually a good negative point about online discussions.

oh .. sorry.

Back to top Go down

I prefer online but it gets really hard to tell when people are joking or kidding unless you know the person in real life. When people are just being sarcastic it can lead to a major fight over something that someone misunderstood.

Back to top Go down

Relationships - Page 5 Empty Final Question #5

Post  johnfmichael Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:42 pm

We're almost out of time, so here is the final question. It is Question #5:

5. What kind of relationships should you definitely seek to cultivate as part of your plan for succeeding in college and beyond? What connections like this have you already begun to make?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next