Relationships

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Relationships

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:44 pm

Being in a controlling relationship really plays with your emotions negatively. If someone is telling you what to do and how to do it, you will end up despising that person, and having alot of built up anger and hate. This affects your everyday life including college.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:46 pm

Sometimes we seem to be so called "blind" to a relationship that we cant really control what happens. Most people fall in love in highschool and when they get out it turns seirous because were in real life and not high school any more

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:47 pm

Relationships between students and faculty should be kept "professional" in nature.

Back to top Go down

students and professors should keep a good realtionship so the student feels comfortable going to them for help. but they should keep there relationship friendly but still professional

Back to top Go down

Everyone is their own person. Even if we do try, we shouldn't try to control them. I think an unhealthy controlling relationship can add stress to an already stressful college life. As far as teachers, and students go... Just grade everyone equally and I don't care to know anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:48 pm

AshleyWoo wrote:Sometimes we seem to be so called "blind" to a relationship that we cant really control what happens. Most people fall in love in highschool and when they get out it turns seirous because were in real life and not high school any more

This brings up an interesting point. Why must a college student, or even any younger person in general, be careful when it comes to being involved in a serious relationship, especially when thinking about marraige? (Think about how people can change their goals, beliefs, etc. over time.)

johnfmichael
Admin

View user profile http://makingconnections.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:49 pm

I agree with Brandy. You can have a nice, friendly relationship with you professors. In fact, I do try to always be polite and outgoing, but thats (in my opinion) as far as it should go. "professional"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm

i agree with the whole grading everyone equally. I dont think that professors should have a few favorites in the class and the rest of the students are just there. every student should be equal

Back to top Go down

Relationships can sometimes be bad to have around but i think if ur in a healthy relationship then it has a very big impact in ur life.

Back to top Go down

i agree with kaitlin and brandy

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 pm

BrookeC wrote:i agree with the whole grading everyone equally. I dont think that professors should have a few favorites in the class and the rest of the students are just there. every student should be equal

I agree wholeheartedly.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm

A "professional" relationship can include open dialogue between the student and instructor; however, in my opinion it should not get personal. That would be a conflict of interest in my opinion. My belief could pose a problem in a small town such as Paragould.

Back to top Go down

johnfmichael wrote:
BrookeC wrote:i agree with the whole grading everyone equally. I dont think that professors should have a few favorites in the class and the rest of the students are just there. every student should be equal

I agree wholeheartedly.

yep

Back to top Go down

Each relationship has an impact on our life the good, and the bad. They all makes us who we are.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm

BrandyM wrote:A "professional" relationship can include open dialogue between the student and instructor; however, in my opinion it should not get personal. That would be a conflict of interest in my opinion. My belief could pose a problem in a small town such as Paragould.

A healthy professor/student relationship would definitely allow for non-personal disagreement about issues, topics, etc. Good point.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Young people tend to rush into things (as myself). Getting married right out of high school is getting married at a very young age. (iim not saying it doesnt work) People dont know exactally what they want for the rest of their lives at 18 or 19 (most of the time) I for one, cant even decide on a major, much less how i want to spend the rest of my life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:53 pm

Proffessers and students need to keep relationships perfesonal in a friendly kind of way. There is one case that happen before...Some students seem to use this to their advantage like doing something on the campus that they are not suppose to do and then they get caught. What better way to get out of this conflict then to pen point a proffesser for sexual harrassment that you were close to.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:54 pm

AshleyWoo wrote:Proffessers and students need to keep relationships perfesonal in a friendly kind of way. There is one case that happen before...Some students seem to use this to their advantage like doing something on the campus that they are not suppose to do and then they get caught. What better way to get out of this conflict then to pen point a proffesser for sexual harrassment that you were close to.

Unfortunately, this sort of thing does happen sometimes.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Question #3

Post  johnfmichael on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:54 pm

Here's Question #3:

3. The breakup of a romantic relationship can be very difficult. Everyone has experienced this at some point in their lives at varying degrees of intensity. What sort of effect can a breakup have on you as a college student? What advice would you give other students dealing with a breakup?

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Serious relationship can end and the whole marriage thing can be a big hinder. What happens when your plans change. If you do decided to get married at a young age or have a serious relationship, be with someone who lets you be yourself and still make your own decisions about you life. Things will work out between the two of you if it is meant to be

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Just to keep your head up. Its hard, but deal with it. Don't just ignore the fact that you are hurting. It makes it much easier to get over. and like i was saying before, in your next relationship, make your own choices about your life. Don't let one person choose how you are going to live your life. if you are meant to be with that person then things will work out.

Back to top Go down

Post  johnfmichael on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 pm

BrookeC wrote:Serious relationship can end and the whole marriage thing can be a big hinder. What happens when your plans change.

That's a big point. People can change drastically between the ages of 18 or 20 and 30 to the point that two people who shared the same outlook on life and goals when they first got together do not when they get older. It can cause serious issues.

johnfmichael
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 pm

johnfmichael wrote:Here's Question #3:

3. The breakup of a romantic relationship can be very difficult. Everyone has experienced this at some point in their lives at varying degrees of intensity. What sort of effect can a breakup have on you as a college student? What advice would you give other students dealing with a breakup?

These kinds of things tend to consume your thoughts. School is rough enough, without those problems. Advice I guess, would be, guard your hearts. Don't give yourself to anyone and everyone. Stay goal oriented. Love will come in it's own time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:58 pm

I was in a very controlling and unhealthy relationship when I was in college when I was 18. The deterioration of this relationship and eventual breakup led me to quit college, become a recluse to my family and friends, and forever changed my life. While I would not change anything about my past (because it has led me to where I am as a person today), it was very difficult. You must keep on the good path. You must stay focused. You must realize that it is not the end of the world (even though it feels like it).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:59 pm

johnfmichael wrote:Here's Question #3:

Because of a relationship I took a year off of college and now the people I graduated with are sophmores and Im still a freshman. But I dnt really blame the relationship, it was really up to me..right? Even know it had a big impact on my future.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next